:: poke poke poke ::
So, what’s a poke cake?
True to its name, it’s a cake that you poke holes in after baking. The holes are then filled with a liquid or filling — like condensed milk, pureed fruit, chocolate cream, or pudding — to infuse extra flavor into every bite. Here are 15 ways to make one.
1. Chocolate Turtle Poke Cake
This version uses caramel-sweetened condensed milk — but regular caramel sauce would work too. Recipe here.
2. Strawberry Shortcake Poke Cake
3. Cinnamon Carrot Poke Cake
Made from scratch and infused with a buttermilk glaze. Recipe here.
4. Blueberry Lemon Poke Cake
5. Red Velvet Poke Cake
Perfect for Mothers Day, Valentine’s Day, or, TBH, any day that ends in ‘y.’ Recipe here.
6. Triple-Layer Tres Leches Cake
7. Tiramisu Poke Cake
The secret ingredient? Kahlua. Recipe here.
8. Hot Lemon Poke Bundt Cake
9. Triple Berry Almond Poke Cake
10. Guinness Chocolate Poke Cake
Cheers! Recipe here.
11. Cannoli Poke Cake